Monday, September 01, 2008

ACEO Quilt

Wow, another month has passed since I posted here last, but that's only because I've been so busy with those darn ACEO cards! I continue to post cards for sale on ebay most weeks and I try to participate in the group theme weeks and swaps. The ACEO Art Cards Editions and Originals is a very active group!

In fact, August was really busy. The month started out with our theme week, which for August was "Endangered Species". It was a great theme with a lot of interesting entries and I discovered during my own research that the Earth's Rainforests are considered endangered. They are disappearing at an alarming rate but there are groups trying to save them. One is the World Land Trust, which uses donations to buy rainforest land and keep it from being developed. Our ACEO group decided to make a donation from our Endangered Species sales to buy some rainforest land for preservation. We will be designating it to the Cosanga Valley in Ecuador.

Then the idea grew. One of our members offered to make a quilt using the images from our theme week cards and donate it to be auctioned to raise more funds. The idea really took off and she was a dynamo on making the quilt. Even better, the quilt got shipped to me this weekend to help do promotional work for the quilt auction and to do the actual listing on ebay when the time comes. It will probably go up for sale in early December.

Meanwhile, I took some photos of the quilt and made a little slide show to share with the other participants. I am the fortunate one who actually gets to see the quilt, besides Char, the quilt maker/artist. Here is the video.



Profiles of the artists can be found on the ACEO Quilt Blog. New ones are being added as each artist gets theirs composed and turned in, so keep checking back for lots of info and updates.

4 comments:

Hattie said...

It's amazing Star! Such a good idea. :)

DW Quilt Art said...

Nice job, Starr!

Danielle Barlow said...

I can't believe I haven't checked out your blog before! I LOVE your sketchbook/journals - they are truly inspirational. PLEASE keep posting pages. I was a sketchbook junkie at college, and over the years the habit dropped. You have made me want to go out and buy a new sketchbook right away!

Debra Keirce said...

The quilt listing is awesome Starr!