Wednesday, March 21, 2007

For Cecily & SP10

SP10 has begun! For those who don't know, that is Secret Pal 10 - an exchange with another knitter who would like to be spoiled with attention and gifts from a secret pal. How fun! I misunderstood at first, but now I know who my secret pal recipient is ~ and I do NOT know who my own secret pal is because he or she is the one spoiling me per the questions I answered for the project.

My current project is a pair of socks from the book Socks Socks Socks from Knitters Magazine. These were designed by Sheri Franz of Pittsburgh and I've had to frog them back to the ribbing once already, but that is fine~ I enjoy the process! The pattern is easy to remember so far and I am using Sockotta (Italian collection) yarn in superwash. It has a wonderful feel to it and a very retro look. I had to go down to size 0 needles and I do think I have someone in mind for these socks!


I've also been busy on my own version of dishcloths. I've developed a cotton cloth that is a good size and doesn't get weighed down when it is wet. I like it a lot ~ a whole lot!


And so I made a label for it for when I give it away as a gift:


Label back:


These cloths knit up quick, so you can make a set while watching a bit of TV or a movie on the weekend:


Use up leftovers by crocheting the edging on with a contrasting color:


and then wrap on that handmade label for a special touch: