Monday, December 31, 2007

Knitting Gifts

I had the whole family over for dinner the other night and each one got - for better or worse - a hand-knitted gift. I think they really liked them!

Number one son got a pair of Wool-Ease socks for boots or around the house.


Wife of #1 son got a pair of fingerless gloves. They were a quick and yummy knit in pure wool.


Son #2 also got a pair of Wool Ease socks for lounging at home in cold weather.


Wife of son #2 got some groovy socks in a beautiful Sockotta yarn from Italy. She was with me when I bought this yarn and thought it looked deliciously retro. It did and it worked up beautifully.

My only daughter got a nice pair of Superwash socks that go equally well with denim or khaki. These should keep her toes nice and warm this winter.

There was an extra gift for DIL #2. She had given me some yarn that she bought in hopes of learning to knit but discovered that she just doesn't have the patience for it. No matter. I made her a cap and scarf out of the yarn, mixed with some nice green and neutral cream ribbon yarn for contrast.

The grandkids love it when "Nonna" makes them things, so here are their winter slippers for this year. I'm a bit worried about how "slick" they are, but the boys love "sliding" in them. Hmmmm.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like all your knitted socks! I just started knitting a few weeks ago...I've finished a scarf and hope to knit some socks soon!
Debbie