Ann tagged me to tell five things you probably don't know about me. I wonder, when you put your life out on a blog, is there much not to know? But here are five things anyway...
1. I usually run late. It's a bad, disrespectful habit, I know, but I hate waiting around or having extra time with nothing to do. I hoard my personal time and try to arrive at meetings, appointments, etc right on time. Of course if anything goes wrong, then I am late...
2. I've known for sure that I was an artist since I was 8 years old. I was on a school field trip and the class was spread out on the lawn with drawing paper and poster paints to draw the historical home we were visiting. My drawing just flowed right out of the brush and I was amazed by it. I've been hooked ever since.
3. I hate clowns. They creep me out.
4. Can't tolerate roller coasters, either. Heights make me woozy and dropping from the sky is not a thrill to me - it's a death wish. But put me on a spinning ride and I'll stay there with the giggles all day.
5. I grew up on Bluegrass music - my family had a band. A very very good one, actually. As a teenager I was embarrassed by the down-home-pickin' (I wanted to be a hippie and follow the Beatles) but now I love it and the family recordings are a treasure.
And now I'm supposed to tag five others, but I think I won't. I'm not active enough with other art bloggers to tag them, but I enjoyed playing. Now, off to sketch.