Wednesday, May 24, 2006

a garden evening

These days, with the ultra-nice weather, I literally RACE home to find something to draw. This evening, it was all about gardening. First I sat in front of a large double flower pot and recorded what I planted just the other day. It is still a bit sparse at the moment, but hey, easier to draw!! I 'll have to do updates as the plantings mature.
double planter

THEN I started my newest moleskine, one devoted to the garden where I live. It has been a lot of work and needs much more, but I'm ready to tackle it again this year. We'll see how it goes!!
site map

9 comments:

Lin said...

I can't tell you enough how much I love how you combine watercolor and ink!!!! As someone trying to learn more about how to do this (teaching myself thru books) -- do you have any recommendations?

Tami said...

This is lovly, makes me want to come wander thru it. Love the thought of a garden instead of lawn!

Deluzy said...

Can I come live with you? It looks beautiful.

Jan Allsopp said...

This is fantastic. I love the whole page. The idea is great, and you have a page of work that lives up to the great idea. Very inspirational! Thank you.

SideShowMom said...

Beautiful page Starr!! I would love to have a place like this to transform and you've really made it YOUR own!! Thank you for sharing it!!

melissa said...

What a super-cool idea. I love it. It looks like warm and welcoming place.

pedalpower said...

THis page is beautiful and it looks like the garden is too!

Linda said...

Beautiful! I like that you have a book devoted to your garden plans, too -- that makes it useful AND beautiful. And congrats for being featured on Moleskinerie!
:-)

Catalina said...

Beautiful! I like very much your drawings and the ink you use for your text. i just discover your blog :)