Tuesday, March 28, 2006

joining Everyday Matters



I recently got a Danny Gregory book and joined this group called Everyday Matters. It's all about art and journaling, which I've been doing for a very long time, but it will be interesting to meet some new people who like to do what I do. And so, to join, I made a sketch this evening to share. It's an odd sketch for me, actually, but it is something everyday. It's my foot.

First of all, it is not how I would usually introduce myself. So that's a plus!! Let's cut to the chase here and be artistic!! Let's be real and unpretentious!! My God, I've tried to put the best face on things my whole life and I'm so tired of that! Or maybe I'm just tired overall because of the work situation I've been in for the past month. At any rate, I'm tired, but I need refreshment and re-creation and for me, that always means creativity.

Hi, I'm Starr. I have awful feet. They've caused me no end of trouble, but they've gotten me wherever I wanted to go, so I have to give them that.

I'd love to be part of this group. Please join me in starr's world and I'll join you in yours.

Thanks so much,
starr

7 comments:

Karen Winters said...

Hi Starr, nice meeting you and your feet, too.
I'm looking to see more of your work, from one fifty-something to another.

Karen from EDM
http://www.karensblog.com

Sue Seibert said...

Love your foot...and your blog, Starr. Welcome.

melissa said...

Welcome to the EDM group. I am a newbie there as well. Looking forward to more great things from you. Will check back to see how things are progressing.

Brightsider said...

Welcome to EDM Starr!

Clare said...

Hello Starr, welcome to edm from me too. Wowwww what a great foot!
And the 'girly girl' nails story was a delightful read.

Linda said...

Starr -- welcome to the EDM group! Love your foot drawing and your writing. All of us over the age of 30 (that's all I'm going to say about THAT) should have such a great attitude!
;-D

Mindixy said...

Starr - welcome to EDM! I really enjoyed your writing and your foot drawing is terrific! I had a giggle about the girly-girl nails. I just went through something like that, had the lovely fakey nails and then endured their removal. The removal wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but I'm looking forward to having my nails back to normal. :) I look forward to your future posts!