Sunday, March 19, 2006

Ready, Set, Start Blogging...

ok, the blog is started. now I want to start saying some stuff. And I gots lots of stuff to say. Where shall I start? With the current crap, I guess. Number one, the enter button is not working here, so I can't start a new paragraph. bummer. It's all gonna run together. Ok, that's fine. So number one, this was my first day off this month. That sucks bigtime because I've had to work an average of 13 hours a day for a couple weeks. The Union Contract was up where I work and they did not have a settlement ready, so the Company locked the Union out. That means, of course, that the salary force would keep the place running by working wherever needed and forever how long it takes. That includes me, and I have been working solid until today, my first day off since this started. Boy did this day go fast!! The first thing I did was stay up half the night since I haven't had an evening to myself in a whle. Then I slept and slept. And then I got up and did only the most necessary things. First, I got something to eat. Then I colored my hair (the gray roots were really showing!) Then I went to the mall and got a pedicure. Usually, that is an extreme luxury for me, but my feet were throbbing from wearing steel-toed workboots for a week and they needed some attention badly! So I went to the mall (where I almost never go!!) and walked into the nail place and asked for a pedicure. The price was $25 - reasonable on my current overtime pay, and I was lead to a vibrating chair with a tub of water in front of it. All of the workers in the salon were Asian, and very disinterested in any personal connection, so I climbed into the chair and submersed my feet. It was divine. 30 minutes later I was headed to my car in sandals with a decent pedicure completed on my feet. From there I got a snack and went home for a nap. I did up my laundry, made a couple phone calls and turned the tv on for while. Suddenly the day is gone. Now I need to get to bed to start the whole process over again tomorrow. I'll be back to blog because this is by no means complete. Stay tuned...

No comments: