Tuesday, June 27, 2006

monday in the garden

I was so excited to get home today and get out into the garden. For one thing, I can actually see it again (LOL) and for another, there is a great firepit out back and I wanted to COOK SOMETHING. Mind you, this rarely happens, so I don't know what my deal was. But I headed straight outside and got the fire going. I had stopped at the store on the way home to pick up steaks and asparagus, so that would be supper...

firepit

I've had cardinals in my back yard for as long as I can remember. They are great fun to watch and they like to feed rather low. I would like to get a feeder just for them.

cardinals

wings

4 comments:

Lin said...

Your garden pictures, comositions, writing, pages, journals all are 'over-the-top' fabulous, Starr!!! I want to buy your book of them! What an inspiration and memory of special times, places, plants, moments!!! BRAVA, dear lady!!! These are gorgeous!

Tami said...

These are gorgeous! I especially like the inset or the birds and the way you filled out the page around them. I am still trying to work out a style that incorporates both my writing and drawing. I have kept written journals for years and am having problems blending the two.
Anyway, I am tickled that you are finding so much pleasure in your own little world you are creating!
Thank you for sharing!

Deluzy said...

You really do need to think about finding a publisher for your work, Starr. I'm serious.

Cardinals are now my desktop wallpaper.

Sue Seibert said...

Beautiful. I love the wing feathers.