Sunday, July 09, 2006

evening sketching

It was a nice long summer evening at home and all I wanted to do was sketch. So I did. I read somewhere on EDM that it was suggested to one artist that she "get a life" and quit spending so much solitary time sketching. She replied that she enjoyed her very rich life of sketching. Tonight, I feel the same. These are the things that crossed my mind throughout the evening.

a magazine ad...

coffeemakers

the pen I was using...

lamy safari

the ink in that pen...

noodlers

and a little EDM challenge to go to bed on...

edm 73

A rich life indeed...

4 comments:

Lin said...

STUFF of the everyday -- wonderful wonderful!!! And best of all, 10 years from now, those everyday object d'art (sp?) will be so reminescent and meaningful!!

seesue said...

Fun entries Starr. Today's and the chipmunk pages. Tres cute.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. Do things get stuck in there with the curve?

starrgirl's world said...

LOL Melissa! Magazines don't go down too well, so they are usually sticking out on the outside. The postman doesn't force them. But they will fit if you tug on them.