Since I finished my second Moleskine yesterday, I decided to try out some new papers and mediums today. This sketch of my DIL is in the Fabriano book. I tried the watercolor pencils, but the paper doesn't take too well to water. After it dried, I went back in with colored pencils.
Then I sketched my grandson on the next page. I meant to leave it in graphite pencil, but I kept fooling with it and added some colored pencil, too.
I got out the new watercolor paper Moleskine and really struggled with it. I wasn't very skillful with the watercolor pencils and made kind of a mess. I touched this one up with colored pencils and more watercolor pencil, but I don't have the hang of it just yet.
Finally, I tried to use regular watercolors in the WC Moleskine and again, it was rather washed out. I ended up using the colored pencils again to add depth. I guess I need more work with the watercolors before they can stand on their own...