Thursday, April 20, 2006

and the drawing goes on...

I'm still excited to get home each day for a drawing session - what fun! today, I had a couple of handy subjects. First was a collage-type page of something I heard on the radio today. It is National Poetry Month and I was listening to some Poets on Public Radio. Oh, how beautiful was their work!! And so I took a line of one that I particulary liked and tried to illustrate it....
Muddy Waters



And of course, there is the weekly challenge. this week it is to take a nature walk and find some things to draw. I ventured around my front porch since I am literally tied to the desk at least 12 hours/day. Here are my nature items...
various twigs

Thanks for sharing with me...

6 comments:

Lin said...

GORGEMENTOUS!!

Tami said...

Your journal/sketch book pages are so beautifully done! I love the back ground washes.

pedalpower said...

Wow! So beautiful!

melissa said...

I love your washes of color and shadows. Nicely done (even from the front porch!)

Deluzy said...

I just saved your "nature items" sketch as wallpaper for my computer desktop ... your work is simply beautiful.

Robyn said...

What a gorgeous page!