Monday, April 24, 2006

sketching and sketching...

Well,now here is the beauty of having a sketchbook on you all the time... I had to let someone use my computer for a while today and all of the other jobs were not in need of any extra help. So I grabbed my moleskine and headed for a private place. I didn't mind the downtime at all!
break room



And then, when I got home, I was greeted by the perfume of lilacs. My daughter had come by during the day and left several bouquets. I am floating on the fragrance of them...
lilacs





And here is the entry in the weight loss journal for today. Just thoughts...
chocolate

6 comments:

Lin said...

LOVELY!!! I so love the lilacs!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful subtle tones you've achieved in these. Lovely.

Linda said...

The lilacs just took my breath away -- so beautifully done! Did you use colored pencil for the color? And I enjoyed the weight loss journal entry -- good for you for leaving the chocolate alone! I know why you keep it, too ... I quit smoking 3 months ago (after 33 years of smoking!), yet still carry a half pack of cigarettes around with me. We prove our points to ourselves that way! Congratulations on KNOWING that you enough willpower INSIDE YOURSELF to do anything you want to do. :-)

Anastasia said...

Great illustrations - the flowers in the vase are just beautiful!!

starrgirl's world said...

thank you everyone. and Linda, no that is watercolor on the lilacs. I have a small travel kit of W&N colors and I find that light washes go on the Moleskine just fine, even though others have said they have trouble with it. I do like to go back in with a .005 Micron Pen for detail. That seems to do the trick!

Felicity Grace said...

Your artwork is just beautiful - always a treat waiting when I look at your blog!