Sunday, April 09, 2006

help, i'm drawing and i can't stop...

Somehow I've gotten the drawing bug in a serious way this time. It is all I want to do when I get some time off from work. Granted, my work situation is unusual at this time, but I have completely fallen into sketchbook-mode and have no desire to come out! Hopefully I will get beyond posting every sketch here, but I am on a crazy, crazy roll with this. Here's another of my porcelain boxes. This one is California Pottery and is a Cigarette box with two ashtrays that stow away inside. It is pink with the most glorious flower on it.




Then I tried out a different pen with a wide tip in an effort to loosen up with the drawing. It's ok, but not quite the loose effect I was going for.


Another piece in my porcelain collection that I always enjoy looking at...


And yeh, the house is falling down around me, but I prefer to go fetch veggies from the kitchen to draw...


And a look out the window before taking a wee nap...

10 comments:

Tami said...

Starr,

This is the first time I have been to your blog.
I love your sketches! I think you may have been hanging around in my house (which needs cleaning BTW, as soon as I get done drawing)when you wrote this post. Colors in your onion are Right On! Keep drawing and posting, I will keep looking!

pedalpower said...

Wow, wonderful sketches! I'm not going to stop you....I want to see more!

Shelly McC said...

And the drawings you are doing are stunning! Keep it up I'm lovin' the show! Excellent!

Jen said...

Oh wow - I so love your drawings! And it is great to hear that you are enjoying so much pleasure in your drawing. Keep it up. Well done!
Jen

Robyn said...

When the drawing bug bites that is the end of you, Starr :-)

What fabulous drawings! Great stuff!

Cheers,
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

Lindsay said...

I've really enjoyed my visit to your site! Lovely work

Sue Seibert said...

Oh, I like them all, but my favorite is the onion. Ths color and the shading, the skin peeling. It's wonderful. What medium did you use?

Hashi said...

I like this a LOT.

Alison said...

great shading and composition - well done.

Linda said...

Oh my gosh-- you have done more sketching today than I do in a week! :-D Thay are all wonderful!