Thursday, April 06, 2006

still tryin'...

well, I came home this evening and took a bit of a walk since it was still daylight for a change. Daylight Savings Time makes a mighty big difference in our neck of the woods, that's for sure. And then I got onto some sketching - a third try at the porcelain devils, if you will, and it was as dis-appointin' as usual. But I was watching some mindless tv, so it wasn't too much time wasted.

I decided to change horses, er... subjects, for the time bein', and so tonite I have a blue, blue sketch of a group of ~~scissors. It was the first thing in sight when I went for "grouping" and I'm still enamored of my new Lamy Safari fountain pen that came with a blue ink cartridge. So I have recorded all the scissors in the adjacent vacinity and will have to move on if I get the notion to draw anything else.

I still don't know what I'm going for with the porcelain collection, but I'll torture myself a bit longer to see if i can figure it out.

Sweet dreams all...

6 comments:

Desiree's Designs said...

These are really wonderful renderings of scissors, they would also qualify for the EDM #16 draw your favorite tool! Great job.

Robyn said...

Ouch! All those angles and perspective problems! You have done a great job.

Cheers,
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

Lin said...

VERY VERY nicely done!

Nina Johansson said...

Wow, these are great! Scissors are difficult, with the assymetric handles and all that. You really managed to capture all the angles and curves.

Teri said...

Wonderful job on these scissors!

Anastasia said...

Great bunch of scissors!!
Looks Fab!