Friday, April 07, 2006

two drawings today!

I am so thrilled with the new sketchbooks that I went outside at noon today and drew what I could see. I even pushed a wheeled office chair out into the parking lot so as to have a place to sit and sketch!! I must say that the old office buildings look better on paper than they do when one faces them to enter within...



Then, of course, I was ready to draw when I got home. This week's challenge is the "Grouping" and I had tried to draw my porcelain several more unsuccessful times. This evening was yet another go and finally, I am pleased with the sketch. I'm not sure what the difference is, but I am happy with it and will continue on the theme as I can since it was rather a nice challenge. And now, off to bed so as to work again tomorrow and have some energy left over for drawing! The new sketchbook shall be with me, of course...

4 comments:

Lin said...

BOTH of these are so artistically done! Beautiful lines and perspective on your buildings .. and again -- your shading on your porcelin ... AWESOME!

Sue Seibert said...

Those are really cool. I love the shadows. I haven't learned to do that yet, and it makes so much difference.

Karen Winters said...

Clearly you and the moleskines are getting along famously!

Karen
http://www.karensblog.com

melissa said...

I have enjoyed all of your solutions to this challenge. Obviously the topic suits ya. Your description (below) of opening your moleskine was so rich with detail, I felt I was there in the room with you.