Sunday, April 16, 2006

more girly-girl stuff

I have not been slacking on the drawing, but I have been struggling with it! I just hate it when my attempts are mediocre and unpleasing, but that happens a lot of the time. It is the case lately after a few very flowing drawings that made me think I had somehow gotten the hang of it. Ah well, I hang only part of the time and I do believe that is normal. So here is the roundup of late...

crochet

I got some new perfumes and wanted to capture them. They did not cooperate!
perfume1

The first attempt got too over-worked...
perfume2

and so did the second one...
perfume3

And the third one, as well, in spite of my efforts to simplify...

geurlain
The individual drawing of the Guerlain is ok, but not a lot different...

Off to bed for now and I will try again tomorrow. Perfume design is exquisitely sophisticated and deserves a special rendering. hmmmm.....

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I think that you are too hard on yourself, Starr. These are wonderful drawings and I am sure that your rejects are equally as good. I love the casual nature of your journalling, too.

Cheers,
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

Lin said...

I agree with Robyn -- each of these is so beautiful ... from shapes to glass to those wonderful shadows ... and your words are so glorious on the page! Your crochet is so delicate and so intricately rendered -- just awesome!!!!

SideShowMom said...

The third is my favorite! But they are all good :) The crochet is lovely and delicate! I could pick up the hook and start where you left off!

Blessings!

Deluzy said...

I'm in awe of your talent, Starr! And is that Champs Elysees I see? That's my perfume, too!